LOLWesta, a social media forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Topic Starter Information Empty Topic Starter Information Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Test Account

Members
Members
[FOR PHPBB2 AND PUNBB ONLY, if you want it to support another version, I'll try to build it.]

Yes, I'm currently working on a feature named Topic Starter Information that will display the information of the Topic Starter. And I'm currently looking for some assistance for it; just for one person, but if you're willing to help then yes you can help.

You need to load PHP script at my external server so yes you have to use some password that will you guess for yourself and it test you as a hacker. Kidding, it's not protected at all but you cannot use the script for your liking anyways.

I'll write the script and the guides for installation later.

Topic Starter Information Empty Re: Topic Starter Information Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:33 pm

LOLWesta

LOLWesta King
I can try to help with this project, since it sounds pretty simple for me. Just to place topic starter information right? It can be clear just with AJAX. But if you want it with PHP ok then we use PHP. And you do something like this

Code:
$(function() {
var test = document.createElement('div'); //you set new div first
$(".test").append('blablabla'); //you append the data of the test at blablabla
$_get('/blablabla', .done(function() { console.log('Success'); .fail(function() { console.log('Failed'); }
}
});

Something like that. Just some awful code, but it's just an example about what's we currently working at.

https://lolwesta.forumotion.com

Topic Starter Information Empty Re: Topic Starter Information Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:44 am

Test Account

Members
Members
Perfect.

Already did the server-side scripting for it with the help from sugar.

Code:
<?php
#first we set the error reporting to null
error_reporting(0);
#header related job
if($_SERVER['HTTP_ORIGIN'] == "lolwesta.com") {
header(Access-Allow-Control-Origin: "lolwesta.com");
}
else
{
header("HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden");
echo("403 Forbidden");
}

#we start here, thanks to sugar
deleted

#some extra bonus
deleted
?>

Topic Starter Information Empty Re: Topic Starter Information Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:55 am

Tsu

Members
Members
No need to do stupid things lol.
Simply create a new div and then insert the information of the topic starter there. So no need to implement stupid things because it's so easy to do. And this is so simple even if we use 100% JavaScript & without jQuery Wink

Code:
// first make the div
var box = document.createElement('DIV');
box.id = 'infoTopik'; // ..and define the ID

var titlo = document.createElement('DIV');
titlo.className = 'judulTopik'; // define the class
box.insertBefore(titlo, box.childNodes[0]); // and finally insert titlo as a child of box

var avatar = document.getElementsByTagName('img'); // get the avatar
titlo.insertBefore(avatar, titlo.childNodes[0]); // insert avatar as a child of titlo

That's a sample code of mine, it can be cut down a lot because the code above was not enough to make a complete & perfect topic starter info.

Topic Starter Information Empty Re: Topic Starter Information Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:53 am

Left

Members
Members
How did we get the avatar & the author?
Figure it out and I'll verify this topic.

Topic Starter Information Empty Re: Topic Starter Information Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:37 pm

sugar

Members
Members
Code:
var judulTopik = $(".posthead a").first(); // get the topic title
var unameTS = $(".username").first(); // get the topic starter username
var tanggalTopik = $(".t-date:contains('on')").first(); // get the topic date

There you go, some simple configurations.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum